Specializing in experienced live-in caregivers

Caregiver Information

Most live-in caregivers require sponsorship by the employer to work in Canada legally. This process can take up to 2 years depending on where you are sponsored from.

Nannies on the Hill is currently inviting caregivers who are in Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Taiwan, Jamaica, Russia, Thailand, and Canada, to submit applications to us if they are interested in working in Canada as a live-in caregiver.

The Canadian Live-in Caregiver program states that a foreign national who has the equivalent to Canadian High School, a 6 month caregiver course and/or 1 year experience in the field they are applying for may apply as a live-in caregiver in Canada.

We at Nannies on the Hill aim to provide employers with the best caregivers and caregivers with the best opportunity to receive gainful employment with a good employer. Most employers like to see a minimum of two years of experience, an ability to clean and cook basic foods. Experience with babies is an asset. As well as the ability to swim and drive are highly sought after.

If you are interested in applying to come to Canada with an employer using Nannies on the Hill, please download and complete the application form in order to begin the application process. Upon completion, save and attach the application to an email and send it to nanniesonthehill@rogers.com and you will be contacted once it is received. Nannies on the Hill guarantees that all personal information will remain confidential.

As of June 15, 2010, Nannies on the Hill offers resume writing, interview preparation (via e-mail and telephone) and first aid courses (once you arrive in Canada or if you are currently residing here through a local provider). Call for pricing.

Effective April 1, 2010, live-in caregivers working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

Effective April 1, 2011, the Live-in Caregiver Program has made new rules making it very difficult for employers to be granted a positive Labour Market Opinion. This will limit the number of foreign temporary workers coming to Canada through the Live-in Caregiver Program. It also makes it difficult for caregivers and employers to keep jumping from position to position as the difficulty is in getting the LMO, not the work permit. It is highly recommended that you stick with your sponsored employer at minimum until you receive your Landed Papers to protect yourself.